Sunday 29 June 2014

Dreamcatcher sign

Love Post



Redchurch street just off brick lane is home to eclectic mix of galleries, restaurants ,boutique shops and street art . This unusual example of 'street art' caused a number of uncertain stares yesterday and grabbed my attention. I asked another passing aficionado of street art what he thought it meant replied ' Well I'm trying to document it all ( street art ) but this something else ,I don't know what it's about ....yes it is interesting but what its about i don't know ..?
On closer inspection i thought it resembled a dreamcatcher or some other primitive efergy displacing the no entry sign on which it is placed perhaps attempting to defy its urban setting. Attached to the art piece was a note that said 'please take me ' on which was written a beautiful poem :
'A perverse love

When darkness falls
He engulfs me
The shadow who looms above
He inhales me

Purity devoured
How well the savage sleeps
Into the abyss
possibly

Ashes of innocence that blanket me 
Morbidly alone
Strangely comforts me

I liked this offering , this art, this piece of love this eccentric moment in  East London. 


No comments:

Post a Comment